Matrosenstation Redevelopment, Potsdam
Work is continuing at pace in the refurbishment and consolidation of the structures of the three remaining buildings that form part of the historic ensemble of Matrosenstation. Emperor Wilhelm II´s former Imperial Sailing Station on the Heiligen See in Potsdam has required a phased intervention beginning with the Ventehalle (arrival hall) building which was inaugurated last September and is now progressing with the remaining support buildings and park.
The original buildings by noted Norwegian architect Holm Hansen Munthe, date from 1895. The remaining three buildings are also being sensitively refurbished to retain as much of the original material as possible while also sensitively adding improved insulation, waterproofing and building services to the structures.
The next building due for completion will be the Captains House which will be followed by Sailors Quarters and finally the Boat House. Some progress photographs of the works are included below.